TriTrain Fall Session Swim Group Contest (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Friday, July 8, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of TriTrain, its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. Sign up for the TriTrain newsletter using a valid e-mail address.
b. Complete the survey on the TriTrain website.
4) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you submit your response to the TriTrain survey and include your e-email address, above and in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Account to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
5) On Thursday, September 1, 2016, in Toronto, Ontario, one winner will be randomly selected and TriTrain will contact the selected winner by sending them an email to the Account during the Contact Period. Selected Finalists must reply to the email.
Selected entrants will then be contacted by phone, and will be required to sign and return before the end of the Contact Period a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a. confirms compliance with the Contest Rules;
b. releases the TriTrain, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion
agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
6) If a selected Finalist: (i) cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or (ii) fails to return the declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release within the specified time; or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then he/she will be disqualified and forfeit his/her opportunity to be a Winner. TriTrain, at its sole and absolute discretion, may select the eligible entrant by performing a second random draw.
7) Grand Prize: There will be one (1) prize package to be won, consisting of one (1) registration to participate in TriTrain’s Fall Session Swim Group, an estimated value of $385. The Swim Group runs from October through December for twelve (12) weeks, consisting of twenty-one (21) sessions on Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET (“the Prize Sessions”) at Jarvis Collegiate, in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
NOTE: The Prize does not include, and TriTrain will not pay for, transportation to and/or from the Prize Sessions. Finalists must arrange for their own transportation.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at TriTrain’s option. TriTrain reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the TriTrain’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
8) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of TriTrain with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
9) TriTrain reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of TriTrain that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, TriTrain reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. TriTrain reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to TriTrain – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason TriTrain deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of TriTrain in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of TriTrain. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
11) Without limitation, TriTrain and its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by TriTrain and its advertising and promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, TriTrain and its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
12) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).